Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Piano Recital

I've been teaching music lessons since August and I have just loved it. I teach 5 students all from our branch (actually from 2 families)- 4 take piano lessons and 1 takes voice lessons. I only wanted to teach a small group and it has been so great! Since there are siblings that come to the lessons, the moms usually just come and stay and bring younger siblings so Max always has someone to play with during that time. He's not always happy when I teach but it usualy works out and he's happy to have people over. On Monday, we had our very first recital! (It just wasn't working out before then...). It was a lot of fun. We just did it in our living room and had bon bons afterward which the students devoured. Here are some pictures of the crew. I will really miss teaching them.


Alyssa (16) is my voice student, Maria (10), Chandler (11), Lindsay (9), and Caroline (8)

We don't have very good lighting in our house...so we ended up taking pictures on the stairs!


Max didn't want to be left out of the pictures.


Refreshments

9 comments:

Karen said...

That sounds like so much fun. I have thought about teaching, but I honestly don't feel qualified for it! I'm glad you've been able to do it though and keep your class small!

*LaUrA* said...

That picture of you and Max is the best!!...well after the bon bons.

Congrats on having a great recital!...oh and winning one of the biggest contests of the year!! aka Julie's Favorite Things! I can't wait to see what yours are!

Lloyd Family said...

How fun to have a recital. It is a great way to keep up on your talents. It is fun to see and get to know you better!

Brandi said...

Looks like a blast Carrie...you have always been so talented! Max is a cutie...

Annie & Jake said...

I didn't know you were teaching piano! Maybe you can teach me over the summer, haha. (remember how I used to beg you to teach me!?) Congrats on your first recital!

Shane and Amy Jo said...

I was teaching before the twins came too and I loved it! Granted, not every lesson was bliss but for the most part my students had good days. I know for me the recital day was super rewarding...thinking, Look at what I helped them do!!! I remember feeling so proud. I miss it. Nice work!

Catherine Odiorne said...

You look really pretty in all the pictures! And those refreshments were really yummy:)

*LaUrA* said...

just waiting around for the favorite things to take place...*whistling and twiddling my thumbs...doo doo do...lalala*

Cheri said...

That's awesome that you can do that. I'm not that great at piano, but I finally have a house with a spot I can have my piano in so I'm going to start teaching my kids until I think it's time for them to have a real teacher. I wish I still lived by Julie so I could pay her to do it. I'm too lazy, to do a great job of it.