This picture was actually taken a few weeks ago because I remember it was still not hot outside. We have a pile of clothes on a shelf in Maxon's closet that are from his cousin Jack that are either seasonal or don't fit Max yet. I didn't realize Max paid any attention to the pile. On this particular day, I asked Max what he wanted to wear and he opened the closet, climbed up on the baby car seat that was sitting in there, and pulled this get-up off of the shelf. He was so excited to wear it and it was really hilarious at the time. Oh how I laughed! I thought he was so cute and such a boy that we had to take pictures for Daddy. He was even excited to smile for the camera.
Papa is Maxon's best buddy. They adore each other. About a week ago, it was really cloudy in the evening and I looked out the back window to find Max and Papa laying on their backs looking up at the big clouds. I rushed to grab the camera but Max doesn't lay in one spot very long at all so they had moved on to something more active by the time I got out there. I was still able to get some sweet pictures of the two of them.
This past weekend, my mom, Maxon, and I went to Provo to visit Tracie. We had a really fun time. First we stopped in Logan to see Baba Ann. She claims that Max is the most active two-year-old she's ever seen...hmmm...I think most two-year-olds are pretty energetic. He is very active though. He's never been one to just sit and watch a movie or anything of the sort. He likes to be exploring and moving...I like him that way.
So in Provo, we went to see Ms. Buttars' new classroom that is looking so great. She's going to be an awesome teacher! She's incorporating a travel theme into her classroom because for half of the day, she's a Social Studies specialist. She's found some really fun things and it looks good. While we were helping Tracie hang some posters, Max climbed onto her chair and found the phone (one of his absolute favorite toys...as long as it's real). He started saying, "Hello...hello, Daddy...are you there?"
Also in Provo, I had my very first ever pedicure. All three of us did it at the same time and Max stood in my foot bath and even got some lotion rubbed into his legs. Now when he sees my toes, he says, "Mommy's toes done." "Mommy's piggies nice!" (He uses toes and piggies interchangeably.) He's really into saying things are "nice" now. For example: "Baba look nice" or "Mommy's hair nice". It makes me feel good to receive compliments from my two-year-old...except yesterday it was "Mommy's hair funny!" At least he's honest.
It is hot here now. This is what Max wanted to wear when we played outside. It didn't last long once we were out there!
Yesterday I was doing something in the kitchen...most likely eating...and Max was just playing around and riding on his Wheely Bee. Then it got awfully quiet so I asked, "Maxon, where are you?" and he replied, "Mommy, where are you?" (The cutest thing ever to hear him say.)
My reply: "Maxon, where are you?
Quiet.
"Max?"
"I'm in here Mommy."
"Where?" (following his voice)
"In here."
I heard the voice coming from my parents' bedroom. When I went in there, I saw Wheely Bee then a few more steps- some little green crocs, then I looked up and saw his little toes popping out from the pillow. The big black pillow was covering him when I first walked in. He was being so quiet and when I peeked behind the pillow, he laughed so hard! He even stayed like that so I could take a picture and he wanted it to be for Daddy. I think it's so funny that the pillows were still perfectly set up in front of him...not a bad hiding place for a toddler!



3 comments:
Carrie, this was a really cute post. The pictures are great!
Love the pics of Maxon. He is such a cute kid, and it sounds like he and Cade have a lot in common. Hope all is well with you guys.
Carrie, Maxon is SO cute! This is such a fun age....I wish we could record every day because of all the funny stuff that happens :) But I agree with you, I think most two year olds are active!!
Post a Comment