I felt like I was cooking most of the day before Christmas which seems funny because it was just our little family. I just wanted the whole feeling so I made bread and honey butter and decided to make a walnut crusted salmon for dinner. We had spinach artichoke dip, a frozen fruit salad, and yams. It was a lot of food for 2 3/4 eaters so I ditched the ham dinner I was preparing for Christmas and we ate leftovers instead.
After dinner, we talked to Grandma, Grandpa, and Tracie on the webcam then put the kids in their Christmas jammies and drove around our neighborhood looking at the lights. Then we did our last advent, sang some carols, and watched half of Horton Hears a Who. We had so much fun preparing the house for Santa. Max left a little note by our plate of bread and honey butter (we figured Santa probably had enough cookies) and a carrot for Dasher. We read The Night Before Christmas which is suddenly Maxon's favorite book and then went to bed. I love having children at Christmas...it makes it magical all over again!
1 comment:
I agree about having kids at Christmas, this year with Eliza old enough to start getting it and being excited made it so much fun, I can't wait till next year.
Post a Comment