Still no camera...
The only pictures are on Jason's phone...and there are some good ones. Hopefully someday I can share.
Evelyn went to nursery for the first time today. We were so excited that we baked her a cake during her nap to celebrate. It was a dairy-free cake mix paired with a dairy-free frosting mix and it was so nasty. I'll make my own dairy-free cake from scratch next time. But when she woke up, she devoured it. I have never seen my little girl eat so agressively! Since I'm in the Primary presidency, Evelyn hasn't really been with me so my Sunday didn't seem different. She will be sorely missed in Elder's Quorum though. She had those men wrapped around her finger.
Evelyn has also been binky-free for about a week now. It started out rough especially at bedtime but it just needed to be gone. Now she's just fine and sleeps so much better without having to wake up for a binky. Without it, she thinks she's a big girl and is now demanding we treat her like one. She's showing some interest in potty training and I've tested it but really don't think she's entirely ready. But we are putting more emphasis on it and she did poop in the potty one time this week! Some days she only wants to wear undies and we hang out on the wood floor and have a party. Also, she's giving up naps. Should I be surprised? Probably not. Maybe it is in my children's genetic make-up? I still think it would be nice for them to nap.
She's so expressive. You can read everything in her beautiful face. She'll show you if she hates you (and most likely she does. Sorry.)
She loves to wear pearls to church and I promise I'm not forcing them upon her! She points to them and wants them and when I put them on her she laughs and smiles at herself in the mirror and then asks for lipgloss. Seriously. She obsessed with shoes of all kinds and especially loves her white dressy ones from the wedding.
She's standing up for herself better and Max is treating her better because of it. At last! I hope it lasts! Max's favorite book at the moment is A Weekend with Wendell by Kevin Henkes. We read it at least 3 times everyday...and I just realized it shadows his relationship with his sister. Once Sophie starts standing up for herself and gives Wendell what he deserves, they become best friends!
Max has been sleeping in a tent in his room for the past few nights. He has his stuffed friends and a flashlight with him. It's adorable. We have been working on implementing "alone time" during his day and while it's taking a little getting used to, I think it is helping him to be able to play and imagine and have that time when he doesn't have to share, etc. Max loves his cowboy boots and wears them everyday. He's been having fun at the park now that it's warming up and we're finding that there are so many kids in our neighborhood so we have people to play with really close by! A new family in our ward just moved in directly behind us and their youngest two are the exact same age as Max and Evelyn! Woohoo!
Our family participated in a Fun Run on base last Wednesday and were shocked by the 82 degree weather. It was fun and Max was really excited about the "Stroller Race with Daddy"...and there actually were a couple of other strollers. Jason was sweet and ran super slowly with me.
The weather is beautiful and we want visitors! Come see us. Yes-YOU! Come together. Come alone. Come as couples or families. We could do a girl's only trip. Guys only...whatever...not my vote...
Boston. New York. New England. Seafood. Think about it. Do it.
6 comments:
I can't believe she's done with naps already. Brooke would be SO ornery if she didn't take a nap anymore. I hope her napping lasts for a few more years too! :)
I'll come...how 'bout next week? You could deliver my baby! FUN!!!
My mom makes some dairy free cakes that are kind of good. :) haha, They're amazing considering what they don't have in them...but not amazing compared to really fatty, dairy-y treats. Are both your kids off dairy?
I can not believe you had such great weather....ours is Idaho weather of course. Yesterday it was terribly windy, ugh. You need to visit my blog www.takingterribleoutoftoddler.com, there is a chocolate cake/brownie recipe on there without dairy, under allergies. It is yummy. Anyhow, I would come visit in a instant, wish I could. Later and love the updates.
I know we will travel up there someday! When? I am not sure...but oh how I wish it was now! Gosh..at this rate I won't get to meet Evelyn until Carter proposes.
Oh, crappy. My blog is www.takingterribleoutoftoddler.blogspot.com. I am always doing that! Thanks Laura.
Kind of bittersweet isn't it? Happy to see them grow and enjoy life and sad that they are growing too fast. Maybe that's why I keep having kids - trying to hang on to those sweet babies a little longer!
Post a Comment