Sunday, December 2, 2007

Thanksgiving

For Thanksgiving, we drove to Hope Mills, NC and spent the holiday with Jason and Mary Davidson and their cute family. It had been four years since we had been with them so it was really good to get together again. It was about a 4 hour drive for us so we're relatively close...it's just hard to get together with all of Jason Davidson's deployments and such. Anyway, we had a fabulous dinner and a really great time.

Here's us at dinner.
I made a double layer pumpkin cheesecake that actually worked out really well. I'd never made a cheesecake before so I was worried about it not setting up or cracking...but it didn't...I was so proud!

3 comments:

Catherine Odiorne said...

Yummy! I'm sure if you entered a cheese cake competition you would win first place :) Just like you did with the soup! Pumpkin cheesecae really sounds good!

*LaUrA* said...

Carrie..your cheesecake sounds divine! You are so ambitious and talented when it comes to doing homemakey stuff(among a zillion other things) I need to take lessons! When are you available?

*LaUrA* said...

oh oh...soup is my FAVORITE thing to eat and so I am interested in what soup you won a prize for? I want some!