Friday, January 18, 2008

Random

This post is a little random, but I guess I'm just writing what's on my mind at the moment. It's better than no post at all, right? Which is what usually happens. First of all, and I hope she doesn't think it's embarrassing, but I love Tracie's new blog. Isn't it fun to see her beautiful pictures and read about her adventures. What an incredible teacher. She has so much compassion for her students. I found that the hardest thing about being a teacher was wanting so badly to give these children everything good in this life- love, respect, knowlege, safety- but knowing that you are really so limited in what you can do and what you can say...that's just the way our society is. I like to think that just being there and treating them how everyone should be treated, even for just three months or however long you are with them, will make a difference in their lives and influence them for good. You always have to hope.

So check out her blog!

I just found out that my Boppy slipcover has been recalled. Strange. I haven't used it or really thought about it for so long now. I was walking through Target last night because EVERYTHING is on clearance. Sidenote: they have a Graco travel system- the carseat and matching stroller- that is originally $200 on sale for $42. It's pink...so if you're having a girl...
I was walking through the baby stuff and saw a big sign by the Boppys: RECALL with a picture of ours right there. I was really glad I saw that. I called the number and sure enough ours was one that had a defective zipper that may pose a threat to my child. There was one other recall on a different cover because of excess levels of lead in the paint on the zipper. This whole lead fiasco is something else. So check your covers out if you haven't already. I'm wondering what they are going to do to replace the cover. They are going to send me the packaging to UPS it to them and I'm hoping they don't just choose some random cover as a replacement for me. I'm REALLY, really picky about that sort of thing...

No comments: