Sunday, July 27, 2008
Potty Trained!!!
He did it!...we did it! Max is potty trained!!! It's sort of weird to me because it all happened so quickly, really. I've been thinking about it for awhile and wondering when to do it...I thought it would be great to have him trained before the baby but didn't want it to be so close that he would just regress once she arrived...and I was so nervous. But he was talking about it and showing interest and his favorite little Lucy was doing it so I didn't want to miss the window of opportunity that was being presented. I kept telling myself that he was still so young...and he is (he'll be 2 on Tuesday). Then my mom was talking to her friend the other day about how all of her kids were trained right before they were 2 or shortly after so I thought, we're just going to do it. Tuesday through Thursday this week, we had nothing really going on- so we stayed at home and dedicated everything to learning how to use the potty. Max did SO well...I'm so proud of him. The first night, I put a diaper on him and then the second night, he wanted to wear his undies. So I let him and he woke up dry. I thought that I'd keep him in diapers for naps/nighttime, but he's staying dry and wants to be in his undies, so that's great! We went out of town this weekend and he stayed dry in the car and went to the bathroom in unfamiliar locations. I can't believe it...he's such a big boy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
hooray for Max! That is such a big step!...and nice to get rid of the diapers..well for the time being.
So how about some prego pics??
YAY! Such an accomplishment for you and Max! :) It will be nice to only have one child in diapers!!! I'm excited to see you this weekend!
Wow!!! I am so impressed! So I've heard different opinions on this...but when you were training did you have Max wear his undies? Or did you let him just go naked? I really need to potty train Avery!
Jenny...he went naked the first two days and I gave him lots to drink so he was going a ton. That helped him to know what it felt like exactly and where it came out...I recommend it.
Wow, that is amazing. I would say you are wonder mom, and Max is wonder boy. Can you come to my house and train Cade?
Wow Carrie! You're brave! I've been thinking and thinking about potty training. Madax is so ready and everyone keeps saying to just go for it, but I'm sooo stinkin' hesitant for who knows what reason! You have got to tell me how you did it. I think we're going to try this week, but I'd love some pointers!!!
Post a Comment