Sunday, July 5, 2009

It's good to be home...

The children and I returned to Connecticut on Monday. It was sad for me to leave Twin Falls-feeling the need to be there-but it is good to be home. I felt like I was gone forever...now it feels like I left weeks ago. It's strange how quickly environments can become "home" and then seem foreign and then turn into home again. When I walked into my parents house everything looked different to me...especially the carpet...that's been around for 10 years...and then when I walked into my house in CT, the smells and sounds seemed foreign all over again. The funniest thing is that I felt like a huge giant walking around (because our house is considerably smaller than my parents!) We were seperated from Jason for 2 weeks and it was lonely- I don't know how we ever did it for 7 months! I guess in the moment, you just do what you have to do and you're given the strength of mind and emotion to get through it. It's good to be in Connecticut again. We really do love it here.

I did take a few pictures while in Idaho but they are on my mom's camera and I forgot to get copies before I left. I'll have to post some when I get them.

Highlights of our trip:
Cafe Rio
Max: playing with cousins...Tyler, Jake, and Porter one evening...Jack, Ellie, and Lucy for a couple of days. I wish we could play together more often! Playing with Grandpa and Ryan. Learning a new language...SQUEAK!
Jason: riding his dad's motorcycle and seeing everyone again (if only for a short while) AND being with the kids-alone-for a good part of the day!
Carrie: learning to play Rummy and winning! Attempting to care for the one who has given me SO much (including my life)...it's going to take a lot of foot rubs to make up for it all! Having some much needed girl time...even though it included the ubiquitous "MAFIA". And, of course, our Michael Jackson memorial bon fire...listening to the legendary music while roasting marshmallows and dancing with my boy...Jason wasn't there for that but we really needed him because no one else could do the moonwalk.

1 comment:

Peggy said...

Carrie, I'm so wishing for a daily highlight of a local Cafe Rio. That would be so great. I'm glad you had a great trip home.