This little steam engine circled Gillette's property.
Light switches made to look like rail car switches.
Handcrafted door with special "lever action" (according to Jason).
The scary tour lady appeared out of nowhere when I tested the lever action and gave me a verbal licken'. She must have heard me questioning "what's in here?" and was on me in no time. I was told not to touch anything in the home because it is very old. But I know that vacuum was not made in 1919.
The Great Room hearth. Gillette wanted red mortar for it's dramatic characteristics. He was very theatrical and liked to play little tricks on his guests with sneaky mirrors and locking the wet bar with tricksy crafted locks. I can imagine they thought he was wildly funny.
2 comments:
WOW, looks like you all had a blast for the 4th...lots of amazing history back East, that's for sure. I heard about your Mom and I'm so sorry. Hope everything is going well for your family. I bet seeing her kids and grandkids was just what she needed. Please let her know she'll be in our thoughts and prayers...along with all of you!
that looks so awesome, where was it? i might be slow cause i didnt catch where it was :) i am glad that lady stopped you from opening the door, its probably like pandora's box, once opened you could never undo the damage lol
Post a Comment