SailFest is a big local event every July. Foxwoods Casino puts on a spectacular fireworks show. They launch them from a barge on the Thames River and they are truly magnificent. The best fireworks I've ever seen! Besides the fireworks and this guy...the rest of SailFest left much to be desired.
The One Man Band.
I've never seen anyone like him.
******************************************
So, I may have lowered the bar just a smidgen...don't judge me...she LOVES them. This is the face she makes warning me to not even think about taking it from her.
(And in my efforts to be less of a hovering neurotic mess of a mother, this is a good exercise for me!)
***
Evelyn is 9.5 months and is crawling around everywhere. She loves to explore and has found every hidden ant trap in our house. She loves to go under the kitchen table and anywhere she can pull herself up. She LOVES to stand up! I think she's just happy to be able to move around on her own. She's a wiggly baby...has never wanted to hold still...ever.
***
I am in love.
I am looking forward to our many adventures together.
2 comments:
I LOVE her "don't take this away from me" look and I love Maxon's negotiating...hahah! so funny.
Thanks for asking for my ideas! I don't know anything about decorating yet, but I'm learning...
This dog (http://blogs.families.com/media/blogdogcake.jpg) is the closest thing to what I would make at this point. I don't like the color or the way they did the frosting, but I'd definitely use two round cakes and cut up one to make the ears and the nose. You can use candy for embellishments, and maybe even fondant instead of frosting. Fondant is something I want to experiment with, but haven't yet, so I don't know anything about it. Good luck with figuring out what to do for Max's cake! If you don't like this idea, I find Google Images to be an excellent resource :).
Post a Comment