On Saturday, Jason spent all morning helping a man from our ward move into a new house. He was the only one who showed up to help so he was gone a lot longer than expected. Just as I was feeling so sorry for myself, he walked in the door and exclaimed, "I come bearing gifts!"For Max, there was a stack of green paper to draw on.
For me, there was a NIB-never been used- WonderMill wheat grinder!
The man had ordered it and decided he would never use it. I guess it sat on his shelf for a couple of years. When they came upon it, Jason asked him what was in the box, he answered, and Jason said, "Oh, I think my wife wants one of those..." That was that. Then, before he left to come home, the man presented the box to Jason and said, "Tell your wife Happy Birthday!"
So, now I've got a wheat grinder. And I don't have a clue what to do with it!!!
I welcome all tips and suggestions.
6 comments:
Wheat grinders are tons of fun. I use mine to have fresh whole wheat flour for bread, but I also make corn meal out of popcorn. Just get yourself a nice pastry brush to dust out all the flour from the corners and edges. Makes it much easier to keep it clean.
I hear they make excellent doorstops. ;-)
LUCKY!!! I want one so badly! I grind up mine to use the flour in replacement of white flour in almost all of my recipes. I LOVE using wheat, though...especially the wheat berries. Check out the website www.idareyoutoeatit.com. There are some fantastic wheat recipes on there that my family LOVES and I've had rave reviews from ...especially the fiesta salad!
Good luck and congratulations!!
I have a really great wheat bread recipe and it's best if you use freshly ground wheat. I love having a grinder because we buy those big bags of wheat and then just grind our own and it lasts forever...it's great!
What a great day for the Lloyd family...blessings for your family's service; manna from heaven is coming your way, you've just got to bake it!
Another reason for our home management club, a co-op to buy grain in bulk! In the meantime, if you want to practice making unleavened bread, you can use my ancient wheat dated 1976.
yummy wheat pancakes, and homemade bread are my favorites...i use mine a lot.
Post a Comment