Saturday, August 1, 2009

So Thankful


We got good news yesterday from my mom's PET scan. After 4 chemotherapy treatments, the cancer is gone...NOT A TRACE!!! Which is really quite miraculous considering Non-Hodgkins Stage 3. She'll still have to do 2 more treaments, unfortunately, but isn't that the most wonderful news you've ever heard?!?! Another testiment of the power of prayer, fasting, faith, and divinely designed bodies!

Thank you all SO much for your love and concern and your faithful prayers. We are blessed to be surrounded and loved by such wonderful people.

13 comments:

Carrie Medford said...

Yay! What a relief! I'm so happy for you guys!

LATIMER FAMILY said...

What a blessing!

*LaUrA* said...

That is seriously the BEST news ever!!! yay!!!! Oh I am so, so, so happy!!! Tell your mom I am sending her a great big hug...and one for you as well!!

Brandi said...

Carrie that is so awesome! Miller and I have been worried about her...tell her she is amazing...and a FIGHTER! Yay for the Buttar's family!!!

julie said...

Oh YAY! I was seriously just about to email you and ask how she was doing! What wonderful news. And exciting to know there are only 2 treatments to get through!

On another note, we'll be in nyc next week, and you are coming to see us which day? ;)

Annie & Jake said...

That really is the best news ever! I'm so happy to hear that!

Ashley and Dave said...

That is so wonderful!

Anonymous said...

Dixie told us today and we were all sharing tears of joy!

Ash said...

I'm so relieved to hear that! We had a similar experience with Becki, I hope it stays gone forever!

Shane and Amy Jo said...

This is so GREAT!!! Send her our thoughts and prayers!

Cheri said...

I had no idea, but I'm so excited that she's okay! We've had cancer issues in our family as well, so I know how hard it can be.

Al and Jenny said...

Yeah!!! I was so excited and happy when we heard the news. I think about all of you often. It is the BEST news!!!

John and Anna said...

Carrie! I've been thinking so much about you and your family since I'd heard about your mom but couldn't figure out a way to reach you! I'm sooooo glad to hear that great news and am praying that it stays away! What a scare!