Enough about me. This is about the birthday boy and his celebration of a wonderful day.
First of all, I have to give some credit to my Max who kept a very exciting present a secret for more than two weeks! I couldn't believe it. He was actually offended when I tried to remind him it was a secret. Like I didn't trust him. I'll know from now on that he can definitely be trusted. Max gave his daddy a huge Indiana Jones Lego set. They love playing Legos together and it's something that Jason really enjoys (a true structural engineer).
We celebrated with a delicious cake. Very chocolately and very good. I feel like I can say that because I am not good at baking delicious cakes. Maxon's sweet puppy cake? In the garbage. The cupcakes I made the next day because I felt bad about the yucky birthday cake? Also in the garbage. This one made me proud and Jason, who does not even really like cake, enjoyed it...a lot!
We went for pizza at our favorite pizzeria-- Frank Pepe's Pizza. Fabulous. We ate ourselves sick and thoroughly enjoyed bite after bite after bite. If you are ever in Connecticut, eat Pepe's.
We finished the night in Norwich at a Defender's game (the local minor league baseball team).
HAPPY BIRTHDAY to the most incredible man EVER!!!
4 comments:
Sounds like a great day!! Happy Birthday Jason! Good job on a delicious cake Carrie! Don't worry...once you hit 30 people might start thinking you are 20 or so...so just hang on till then! And I applaud you for wanting to be 30...I certainly am not looking forward to it!
Happy b-day, Jason! Carrie, in the last few weeks I have had people guessing my age in the low teens! I started to think it was my long girlish hair or something so Friday I went and cut it all off--about 8 inches! I don't know if it worked but hopefully people will quit telling me I look too young to be out of college, married, etc. I know how you feel! I guess this will work in our favor when we're older, huh!??
Happy Birthday! Love you!
I laughed at your 'looking too young to have kids' complaint. As you get older, you'll like that you look younger than you really are! When I get raised eyebrows along with the comments - "Are they ALL yours? You look too young to have 5 kids." I just smile and say, "Thank you so much - you just made my day!" (And I never admit to my ancient age of 32 years!) Tips to look older: have a few more kids, stop exercising, don't wear make up or brush your hair.
Post a Comment