Sunday, October 4, 2009

Picture Book

Table of Contents:
1. Twin Falls
2. Vermont
3. Evelyn's Birthday
Twin Falls
Barbie 3 Musketeers. Ellie, you are one-of-a-kind! Max is so handsome in his "prince shirt".

My beautiful older sister with her daughter Audrey on her blessing day.

Ryan (older brother) and Chelsea (another beautiful sister-(in-law)).





Tracie (the last beautiful sister) and Ryan.

Chillin' with Lucy. They look captivated, right?!?

After fretting to find fall clothes for Miss Evelyn, the weather in Twin Falls was HOT. Evelyn enjoyed having some soft grass to play in.




Our Fondue Feast!

Tracie and Dream-boat Jonny (a Facebook Favorite) :)

Evelyn's pre-Birthday Cake. She didn't even get a lick of it!
Being pulled around the house by Gail, the "fun mom". What goes around comes around...I think I was doing this same thing with Gail's children when they were this size!

Lucy and Max on an outing to Gail's house.

Max and Evelyn's first tractor ride with Grandpa Cleve.

And another just his size!



Vermont
The monument at Joseph Smith's birthplace in Sharon, Vermont.
They played the Joseph Smith movie there that is playing in Salt Lake. Incredible.

Making friends in Stowe.

Vermont is beautiful and very rural. Probably more rural than Idaho...seriously.
They excel in breakfast, anything maple, fall foliage, being green, and dairy products.
For example:
We toured the factory and it was a very entertaining tour. I even learned something new! Pasturizing=bringing the cream *almost* to boiling
Homogenizing=mixing enough that the ingredients won't separate
It's as simple as that.
Max was given the most important job of ringing the cow bell to start the tour.
It ended with deluxe samples of Cookie Dough ice cream and seconds and even a sorbet for Max. Ben and Jerry are so considerate.
edit: Jason just reminded me that we paid $6 for that tour. ugh.

We also went to an apple cider factory and Lake Champlain Chocolate Factory (in Burlington).
It snowed in the mountains the first night we were there so we have a half autumn/half winter view. Beautiful rolling hills, bridges, colors- everything you've imagined!


Morse Farm Maple Sugarworks.
They now use tubing and vacuum extractors to "tap" the trees...which is cool but takes all of the romance out of the process.

Giving the desperate children a break from driving on a hike around Smuggler's Cave. We played hide-and-seek around the rocks and went on a rugged hike. Jason and I were both very impressed with Max who hiked like a champ. He was climbing rock stairs for a mile! Must be in his blood. Did my dad ever mention that I climbed Mt. Borah?!?! No, really.
I'm pretty sure it was his most favorite activity of all.
Evelyn was happy to be free from the car seat.


Evelyn's Birthday
We stayed at the Brass Lantern Inn and it was perfect. Our innkeeper, Nancy, was very accommadating and so cute with the kids. Max (who was calling her Clancey-Make Way for Ducklings?) loved to talk to her and wanted to tell her goodnight each night. Nancy found out it was Evelyn's birthday so she had balloons, a treat and a "1st birthday" bib waiting for us at our breakfast table Saturday morning.
After being on a strict diet of ice cream, chocolate, and everything maple, we weren't really in the mood for birthday cake. But a girl needs a 1st birthday cake.
We celebrated Sunday with pumpkin bread formed into a petite round for Evelyn.
Happy Birthday to my beautiful Evelyn.
You are perfect!



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow time flies! I can not believe Evelyn is 1!!! I loved the pics.

Brandi said...

It sounds like you guys have had loads of fun lately! Julie's baby girl is adorable...the whole Buttars family looks great!

*LaUrA* said...

oh man she is cute! I love hoe she just bounces her leg around on the table then takes a little nibble of cake. Vermont was everything I ever imagined! Looks splendid!

Shane and Amy Jo said...

Funny you mention climbing Mt. Borah. Last week a guy in my ward did it...and talked about how extremely difficult it was. Shane mentioned that I had done it. He was shocked (not sure why!!!). I still don't think he believed him! I'm so glad we did it. Good times!!!

High-Heeled Foot in the door said...

First time on your blog! What a beautiful family! Looks like you had a couple of great days.

Evelyn is too cute! Love her with the cake!

Dixie & Markus said...

Busy! The Buttars are all looking fantastic as usual! Happy Birthday Evelyn!