It has been ages and ages since I last posted. We've been very busy moving into the new place and we're loving the extra room and the new neighborhood. I always enjoy setting up the house over and over again since we move so much. Jason doesn't enjoy the extra things we have to buy in order to make our house a home. If only he understood.
Just kidding...I think he has enjoyed most of the things we've added with this move! So here is our latest project. We found this console at the thrift store and it was a steal! It is very solid and was actually in beautiful condition before we even messed around with it. We could have left it just as it was, but there's no fun in that especially where it was so inexpensive.
We actually remembered to take a before picture this time but not quite soon enough. Here it is with the drawers, cabinet backings, and knobs removed. The cabinet backings were just a plywood made to look the same brown color.
And here it is now!
It looks even more beautiful in person. I absolutely love it and Jason did almost all the work on it this time so it is him who deserves all the praise. The picture is tricky because of the mirrored backs in the cabinets. The room is still not quite set up besides our entertainment center now so the reflection is just a bare floor!
My parents had planned to come visit us for a few days this past weekend but because of a rumored snow storm all flights were canceled. It was such a disappointment. It has been sunny and clear every other day surrounding storm day...which did not end up being all that bad.
But, on the positive side, their planned arrival helped to motivate us to get the house put together so now it is guest ready! And you are all welcome.
Jason and I will be celebrating our 8th anniversary this weekend (the 15th).
Last night, we left the children with some friends and drove to Providence for dinner and the theater. We saw Beauty and the Beast and it was wonderful! Growing up, our family went to musicals...that's what we did...sort of like our tradition. I've seen a lot of them and have really missed not seeing them. I was pretty much crying in the opening scene just because it felt so good to be there and it really was amazing. Gaston, who is my favorite character, was incredible. I'm so glad that Jason really enjoys musicals as well and we look forward to making it a part of our own family tradition.
Speaking of Beauty and the Beast, if you live near Twin Falls, you should go see my friend Brandon because he's playing the beast in the local production. And I want to congratulate my Julianna because her husband doesn't have to kiss Belle! You should read her blog and encourage her to write a book.
Speaking of Beauty and the Beast, if you live near Twin Falls, you should go see my friend Brandon because he's playing the beast in the local production. And I want to congratulate my Julianna because her husband doesn't have to kiss Belle! You should read her blog and encourage her to write a book.
Now it's time to celebrate Valentine's Day!!!
I love being in love and being surrounded by others who are in love.
I'm just giddy over Tracie and Jonny who will be getting married in less than a month!
Have you seen their engagement photo session, by the way? I keep meaning to ask her permission to link the photos to this blog. Maybe I just should because everyone else in the blogging world seems to be doing so anyway. They are amazing and they look beautiful (of course). Well-known wedding blogs keep featuring their pictures and it is so fun to read the comments when it's your own baby sister.
Hopefully there will be a link soon.
Happy Valentine's Day!
8 comments:
Nice work, and find! I love the peice!! it looks awesome!
It would be so fun to go see Brandon in B&TB in Twin. Just like old times. :-) And excellent work on the piece. It looks super.
wow! What a transformation. Looking at the original I would never know I should buy that. You/Jason did fabulous. And thanks for shout-out, I heart you. I was just thinking the other day about your crush on Gaston.hahah..I wish B&B were playing in NY when we were there..oh well..someday..
Love the console! You did a wonderful job! I'll have to come see it in person.
Wow!!!! That is amazing!! And congrats on 8 years...time flies huh??!!
Beautiful! YOu guys are AMAZING! Congrats on 8 years, too!
Beautiful job on the console-- it gives Summer and I some ideas to do as we find things to refurbish and sell to earn money for her trip to Europe. Great work!!
Loving the white on the scroll and the mirrors. Super cute...so, should we have an Office movie night sometime?
Post a Comment