I was just going to post pictures because we have a camera (at last!) but now, because of computer complications, I can't pull the pictures onto the computer. Drats! I just can't win. I think I'm just done with blogging for awhile. I'm not good at it and if I don't have pictures, it seems quite boring.
For on update, here's what's been going on:
Mt parents came to visit last weekend and it was awesome! We ate a lot and drove around visiting some of the cool places around here. The kids loved having them here and Evelyn was even choosing them over me at times which has never happened with anyone. The morning they left, the kids were really sad. They kept getting frustrated with things and Max would tell me, "I just miss Grandma and Grandpa". I started asking Evelyn if she missed them too and she would say, "Uh huh." The best part of all was having my mom here to celebrate Mother's Day. It was an answer to all my prayers to see her active and playing with my children again. Thanks for coming, Mom and Dad...now come back, we miss you!
Was that just a week ago?!?
Max has been wanting to listen to primary songs a lot lately, usually when he goes to bed at night. And he's always singing them. Some of them are the ones we're learning in Primary but he'll start singing others, too, that I've never really taught him. It's really sweet to hear him and I'm surprised by all the words he know and how well he can keep the tune and carry it through the whole song. He won't sing in Primary, though, or if he knows I'm listening to him.
Yesterday, we hung out with Thomas the Tank Engine. In Essex, a small town not far from us, they have a steam engine and throughout the year they'll do special things like a Polar Express at Christmastime, for example. So in May every year, they bring out a Thomas Engine and hook it to the back of there steam engine. So we rode on Thomas and participated in different Thomas activites. We even met Sir Topham Hat who was a little freaky but looked just like him.
In other news, I'll be getting my tonsils out this Friday and I'm a bit nervous. If any of you have experienced tonsillectomy as an adult please share any advice. All I hear is that it's awful.
So, because of the surgery and my inability to post pictures, you probably won't hear from me for awhile.
XOXO
6 comments:
I still have my tonsils...but if it is anything like losing your appendix then I am sorry. So sorry.
The only thing I can think of it stock up on your fav popsicles and broths and jello...as I can imagine your throat will just be really sore for a while. I think however you will be somewhat better off because it should not restrict your ability to get up and down and move around...but talking and coughing and stuff won't be fun for while...but like I said...I haven't experienced that...so why am I still talking?
I will keep you in my prayers! Darn camera...I want to see pictures!
Carrie! Tonsills??? Oh man, way more painful as an adult (I got mine out when I was 3 and Miller got his out just last year.) So, we have lots of advice. First of all, just like Laura said...lots of POPSICLES! Miller was out of commission for a week, BUT he also had a uvulaplasty (got his uvula taken out). The coolest thing they did for Miller was the pharmacy in the hospital made a compound for a numbing sucker. It actually has numbing medicine in it, so Miller would rub it all around in his mouth and it helped tons. Check it out. GOOD LUCK!!! P.S. I am so happy your Mom is doing so well!
Carrie- My bro in law got his out post mission and it was rough for a couple of weeks. My Sam got his out when he was 8, and Nick is getting his out tomorrow (age 7) they go back to school after a week and are up playing by about day 10-12.
Good Luck! hope it isn't too bad for you!
Good luck with the surgery! I wish I was there to take the kids for you while you recuperate. I miss you!
I am sorry about the tonsils. I did that about two years ago. I will warn you that for the first 5 or 6 days you feel pretty good, but then for me I had a couple of really bad days. Loved the Lipton chicken noodle soup and plenty of Popsicles. Sherbet with sprite on it was yummy too. It isn't too bad, just remember to take you meds on time. Good luck. I had mine out right before Christmas and boy was it a good diet. We miss you guys. We hope you are all doing well.
Boo for getting your tonsils out. But yea for me coming to visit you to make you feel better! What? I can come visit you?! WHAT?! I am in COnnecticut now?! Wahooooo!! I really cant remember what town you live in but tell me and I will be on your front steps in .2 seconds. seriously. prepare yourself to be my friend again. no choice.
Post a Comment