Monday, November 1, 2010

Evelyn turned 2!

It was on Sunday, October 3rd, so we lounged around and watched General Conference and snacked all day long.  I think she liked it!

Her birthday "meal" was her favorite black bean salsa and we had cookies and ice cream for her treat.

Her favorite gifts were the bear that Max helped her make at Build-a-Bear (she named her Rorie), her backpack, and her Belle phone (the only thing she wanted out of the entire toy department at Target).

Evelyn is a thrill-seeker.  She is patient and compassionate.  Even though it took a little while, she's now talking a lot and saying lots of new words everyday.  The one we hear the most is "I try!"  She told me her name is "I"...now she's starting to say her name is "E".  She loves to sing and knows lots of songs.  Her current favorites are "Baby Mine" and "The Wheels on the Bus" ("Beep"- not to be confused with her previous favorite "Jesus Wants Me For a Sun-BEEP").  Although those who were around her as a baby may be shocked, she's actually the sweetest little thing ever and really, really loves people...even those she scowled and screamed at in the past.

Tracie and Jonny came to visit us a couple of weeks ago during their Fall Break and Evelyn adored them.  They will be our last visitors to Connecticut and I'm glad they made it out here.  We still hear about "Nonny" many times throughout the day.  (She thinks they're both "Nonny").  We had lots of fun going to Boston and the Book Barn, Cows and Cones, and playing LEGO Harry Potter.


HAPPY BIRTHDAY, EVELYN!

1 comment:

Tracie Lindsey said...

The "Nonnys" both miss you guys! Hopefully we'll see you in a month or so. I also love when your kids call me. Evelyn IS sweet now. I saw it with my own eyes!