Monday, January 17, 2011

I'm the worst blogger ever.

I don't check blogs...I don't post to my own blog...I'm the worst.

So, way back in December, we made it to Indiana.  We spent a few days looking for a place to call home and finally found it.  (After some let-downs and a lot of persistance.)  It's an old house in a nice neighborhood really close to campus and it's just perfect...or so we think...it will be.  It won't be ours until February--but we think the wait will be worth it.  In the meantime, Jason is in Indiana getting settled into school and work and meeting people in our new town.  The kids and I are in Twin Falls for 3 more weeks.  January is never-ending...even without being separated from our husband and father...but especially so now. 

We're hanging out with my sister and her kids a lot and just chillin'.  It's been really nice for Max to have cousins to play with and he's been a great boy.  We've seen a lot of improvements, especially in the treatment of his sister, since we've been here.  He's only had a couple of break-down moments from missing his daddy (which makes me grateful, everytime, that the deployment was 2 years ago when he didn't really know what was going on).  Evelyn has truly become two.  She's glued to me and has had a hard time warming up to the new environment.  Slowly, though, she's becoming more comfortable with the family.  She likes Julie's kids a lot but not Julie so much.  She's getting better with her grandparents but doesn't see them very often.  The Lloyds on Sunday and the Buttars' here and there. 

The baby is doing well as far as I can tell.  I had an ultrasound a week ago and everything looked just right.  I'm so much more mellow with this pregnancy...I think I was 15 weeks or so at my first appointment.  Last week was my second--22 weeks or so--not even sure on that!  Naturally, since it's our third child, we're didn't find out the sex and I have absolutely no regrets and I'm really looking forward to that extra surprise on the birth day. 

For now, we're anxiously awaiting warmer weather, being with Jason, and setting up a new home (One of my all time favorite things.  Honestly.  And thankfully...it happens a lot!)

Would you ever paint a rental? 

We'll be there for 2 years, which is as long as we've been anywhere...you can't wait forever to make a house a home...

8 comments:

Karen said...

I was talking to your dad and he told me that you were at home in Logan. I was like...you guys moved back to Logan?! It was pretty funny! I wish you were in Logan because then I would totally make the drive to see you. It will be nice for you to move to Indiana though! I wish you could come turn my house into a home...that would be awesome for me!

Ashley and Dave said...

You are ALIVE! I have been thinking about you a lot latley :) Wondering what that little baby is inside your tumtum. DANG IT. I cant believe that you are getting surprised...it will be so fun but the anticipation is going to kill ME! I am so excited for you on your new adventure...that would be a toughie to be away from eachother for so long, but that is awesome that you get to have a house. Jealous. I would totally paint. Post places you just have to paint back to white or whatever it was when you move out. I am considering painting our next apartment seeing as how we will be there for 1 1/2 years or at least a wall or the girls room or something.
This is the longest post comment ever. Well not really...usually Laura does those ;) Love you Laura. haha.

Wish you lived close to me still- it was fun for a bit- but glad you are moving onward with life.

miss you guys.

Laura Lynn said...

Sounds like things are going well but it'll be better when you're all settled. It's fun to not find out the sex of the baby - it was thrilling at that moment for us to be surprised each time!
And yes to painting a rental! Make it yours for however long you'll be there!
You can also do fabric panels with starch which will look like wallpaper but just come down easily when you have to move - and not need to repaint.

Cheri said...

Paint! But then I love to paint. I competely agree that you can't wait forever for THE house, so just make whatever you happen to be in how you want it. Have fun picking out colors!

Des said...

So many things I have thought to say....lets see if I can remember them.
Paint, yes I would paint IF I knew I was going to be there longer than a year. At each of my last places I have said that...and we end up moving- much to my dismay to a whole new state :( our place now needs paint SOO bad it bugs me at least 5 times a day, and I hate having people over to look at the stained walls. but I don't know if I will be moving in 4 months or not sooo I dont want to spend money and what little energy I have on it. tricky huh. will you be in your rental for a while?

and...you didn't find out! I think thats what we are going to do too. we have similar families...boy and girl so why not. other than its nice to know. haha.
I find comfort in knowing others aren't finding out too??

*LaUrA* said...

Hi.

(just to prove Ashley wrong)

Natalie said...

I would totally paint a rental. It's so nice to make it "yours". I, too, love moving and changing things around. It gets harder once your kids get older, though and more attached to friends and school and such! Enjoy it! Congrats on the new baby! I would have loved to do a surprise baby. I think that's so awesome! I just was too impatient! :)

Campbell Family said...

Hi! (Amber Lee Campbell here). I found your blog through our mutual friend, Luara Montgomery. Small world, heh? Big move to Purdue? Sound exciting! My brother,
Tyson, wife, nd kids live in northern Indiana. Good luck with your move. It's fun to check in with you!