I LOVE my birthday. I guess you could say that I like the attention...at least I'm the first to admit it! It makes me so happy to receive cards and phone calls and to go birthday shopping with my mom. It was a very fun day. When Maxon and I woke up, I sang "Happy Birthday" to myself and he really seemed to like it...next time I'm making him do it on his own! I made pumpkin bread that was so delicious. Jason was asking me what treat I wanted, implying that he would make it for me, but I never told him one. I think he was confused then when I made my own treat. I just really, really enjoy baking so that in itself was a fun birthday activity for me to do.
Max and I spent the afternoon at the DMV renewing my driver's liscense. I was so worried about how the picture would turn out...the silly things I worry about...(it turned out okay!) I wanted to be prepared entering the DMV so I could just make it as quick as possible...which isn't really possible at all. I prepared all of my paperwork and Jason even wrote me a reminder email of all the things I needed to take with me. I needed my Marriage Liscense for proof of name change...weird! We went to dinner at Sigler's which is just a local Bluffton resteraunt that is really good. The dessert wasn't nearly as good as my pumpkin bread though so I was thankful to have that when I got home!
Jason gave me digital scrapbooking software for my birthday and I absolutely love it! I've been wanting to make the switch to digital for quite some time now so I'm really looking forward to it. I like the idea of scrapbooking and the look of it but I never really enjoyed doing it. I don't know if I'm too much of a "neat freak" or a perfectionist or what. Especially now with Max, I just never pull out my scrapbooking stuff because it's a mess and I don't really have anywhere to set it out long enough to complete anything. Now everything is on my computer...it's like having a whole scrapbooking store on the computer...embellishments, fonts, brads, decorative paper...you name it!
I've posted my first project. I'm still trying to figure it all out and familiarize myself with everything that is available. I feel like I'm better at the computer than actual cutting and pasting so...I guess I'm just really excited!
5 comments:
Happy Birthday! So I just barely had a conversation with my sister about the joys of digital scrapbooking! I just made a book for the Hunts for Christmas. I love it mostly because, it's cheaper, cuter, (than what I can do) and FASTER! And yeah, who can get out all the stuff with babies around? This way maybe I'll stay caught up. Anyway, I'm so excited we share this interest. haha! :)
YAY for digiscrapping! You need to start looking online. There are so many websites that give freebies: papers, fonts, embellishments, etc! I have so much stuff and haven't even started teaching myself! I'm waiting until I have a real computer and not just a laptop (which I finally have!) I'll have to post some of what I'm working on too!!!!
Hooray for a fun gift! I made a book of Carter on mypublisher.com which I love!!! But it doesn't look scrapbookey like your page which is soo cute! I want the same software!
?...can you print out your pages and have them look like that? Or do you send them to a company that does it?
It sounds like you had a nice birthday! I need your address pronto woman!
Happy Birthday...I totally missed it- sorry. I just started realizing that people do digital scrapbooking and I really think it would be fun! Jealous!
Happy Birthday!!!!! In 6 month are you going to start telling people that you are 26? lol just kidding:) I'm glad that you had a wonderful birthday!!!
Post a Comment