We had a fun Memorial Day weekend in Logan with the family. We drove up Sunday night and stayed until Tuesday because my dad needed to work in his Logan store a little. It was nice to see my grandparents again especially because Max just LOVED his great-grandparents! I think he had the most fun with Grandpa Vince who just turned 90 and looks and acts 75. He even offered to babysit Max on Tuesday so I could go shopping! (I took Max with me.) Hopefully those genes were passed to me. He liked Grandma Della, too, but she can't "play" as well because of her back. The absolute funniest was with Grandma Ann who Max calls "Baba Ann" (sounds just like the Beach Boys song when he says it). He liked making her nervous...which isn't hard to do...but she just happens to squeal a lot when she gets nervous...(a lot) and Max was happy around her! It's funny the things she didn't want him playing with- Grandpa Bill's flag at the cemetary, the emergency flashlight on her fridge (she needs to know exactly where it is at all times), etc.
We ate very well on Monday with a lunch at my Aunt Deann's with my mom's family and a dinner at Grandma and Grandpa Buttars' with my dad's family. It was fun to see everyone again.
Tracie even came up from Provo-which is always fun. Yea for T.
Logan was freezing cold, by the way...well, in the 50s...summer is just having a hard time this year.
10 comments:
Wow, just think if you added me to that picture of you and Tracie..albino!!!
So cute! It sure was fun to see you! I'm even more excited to see you in August when we are both looking a little different! :) And I didn't even realize that all of the siblings were there. Why isn't Dixie in that picture?
Karen, Dixie had already left right before we went to the cemetary.
Carrie, thanks for posting these pics! It looks like you guys had a great weekend. I really like the one of the aunts and uncles and Grandma Ann at the cemetary. Your comments on Grandma Ann made me laugh...I can imagine exactly what you are talking about :) I kind of missed not being there this year. It's always so fun to see the cousins. I remember last year when you were there and seeing little Maxon. Are you showing yet?
I love Grandma Ann! Remember when we went to visit her in Logan all those years ago!? Glad you got to see your family--I sure miss mine!
Looks like you guys had fun! Wish we could have been there. I think I'll be able to come to T.F. this weekend but we'll see. Hope to see you soon!
How fun. You and your sisters look a lot a like. So beautiful. It was so good to see you when we were in TF. We love you guys.
I think it is crazy that you have a blondie and my kid's hair is brown! Weird how genes work out!
I love that picture of Max playing the organ. He has a cute little profile and he is turning into such a big/little boy!
My grandparents were the same way with Kinsey- they got so nervous when she touched the littlest thing. The worst was the remote. They always thought she was going to screw up the t.v. with it...I kept trying to explain that it wasnt going to do anything if the t.v. was off...but they didnt seem to think I was right. I guess it is all a matter of getting used to. And yes, Traci looks like a little mexican. I think I will be white the rest of my life. I refuse to go tanning anymore because I dont want to die and summer, like you said, is having a hard time this year. So the result....white me!
Hey we are changing our blog address to emmettandashlee.blogspot.com so you guys know. We are taking our last name off all of our stuff, so please don't add our last name to your blog. Thanks!!
Post a Comment