Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Little Chef

Maxon loves to help me cook. He really liked helping Grandma Debbie in the kitchen, too, when we were living there. He wants to be right up on the counter and he has learned to stay on his bum and not touch any knives, etc. (I think it's easier at our new house because the surface is much smaller!) Max will taste anything and I let him taste anything while we're cooking. The funniest was when he ate a whole garlic clove...he said it was a little spicy...and his breath smelled wonderful for a couple of days! He'll regularly try onions or whatever vegetable I'm chopping and so far has liked everything he's tried. The only food he doesn't like is squash and he likes to tell me that he doesn't like squash and Grandpa Cleve doesn't like squash.

Maxon loves the movie Ratatouille. It's probably the only full length film he would sit through. He likes to help me make soup because that's what the "mouse" makes...and we do eat a lot of soups at our house.

He's a great little helper in the kitchen and it makes that time of the evening, when he's pretty tired, a lot more enjoyable for him, me, and of course Evelyn who he loves to focus all of his energy on. Oh, he loves her so so much and some day I will love that he wants to be by/on her constantly.

Here's a picture of Max with his favorite ingredient to snack on. (This one's for Karen. Whenever I see this done, I think of you and us and dinners at Deann's!)


Food Network...here he comes! We'll have to think of some catchy title for him.


1 comment:

Karen said...

So I looked at this post a few days ago but finally had time to read it! I like that you dedicated the olive pictures to me! That's totally us huh?! Oh we sure had some good times! you know...I think I still like to put olives on my fingers, but they don't fit quite as nicely!