We are really liking the area so far and it feels good to know that we'll just love it more and more as we become more comfortable with it. No offense to anyone from the South...it just wasn't for us. We loved our Branch in South Carolina and the friendships we made there, but really, that's about it. We're just not southerners I guess. Jason mentioned the other day that he feels a lot less "out of place" here. I've felt that we just fit in better, too. It is so beautiful here...everything I imagined it to be...and it's not even a peak season. This morning we woke up to our first snowfall and driving to church was lovely. So many trees all covered in white lining the street- and we found out that it's not even as cold here as we were led to believe...nothing colder than what we're used to.
So we're happy and getting healthy (we've all had colds) but we do miss being with our family, of course, especially for Christmas.
We don't have a lot of new pictures....except the family pictures we had taken before we moved (which I'll post eventually)...but here are some that show how big Evelyn's getting. She's smiling and cooing and little and is still as sweet as ever.
Tired Max. It's been a long few weeks and a little rough at times but this boy has really taken it well. We didn't know what to expect, really, with all of the traveling and hotels and not being with grandparents, but he's adjusting well and really likes his new nursery. There are lots of young families in our ward- mostly military- and we're looking forward to making new friends.
5 comments:
Glad you made it and are getting settled. I start feeling out of place east of the Rockies and south of the Oregon border.
PS email us your new address so you can get a fantastic card with a pic of my gorgeous wife (and the rest of us)
Eve isn't a newborn anymore! Sad! Cept that she's the cutest ever, so not that sad after all. I'm glad you're getting settled. Connecticut seems like a great match for you guys...and I know..visiting there so often and such...:)
I looked up where you live on Google maps the other day after you gave me your address and I just wanted to die! It looks amazing! The neighborhood you are in seems like a perfect location and in close proximity to lots of major places. And right by the river....lots of water around! I have always wanted to visit the Northeast and I think it would be fun to live there for a while...maybe I should hit up our investors to get a property up there and move us that way!
I know what you mean about not fitting in in the South...I feel like I have a big sign on that says "Not From Here!" but at the same time I really love it here...I am not sure if I want to leave!:)
I am glad you have lots of young couples in your ward (something our's lacks) You will make friends in no time!
I can't wait to come visit you!
And I am sad I haven't gotten to see baby Evelyn:( She is growing up way too fast!
Maybe I should have just e-mailed you all this!
Glad you guys are getting settled. Eve looks so big! She looks just like you in the last picture!
She is so yummy! I love her!
Post a Comment