(Imagine them a lot less perfect for a more realistic room)
1.
We'll have a full bed for Max and Evelyn will still be in her crib. We already have all white bedding and it would be easy to throw in some green pillows and accents. We can't paint the walls, though, so with something like this where the wall color is so dominant to the color in the room, I'm afraid our version would just look too white. But I love the simplicity and neutrality.
___________________________________________________
2.
This one is the same idea as the one above but throwing in another color. Yellow is Max's favorite color and we currently have nothing in that color! Our house has vibrant colors in it and I like the look of having a similar color palette throughout the house. We've got quite a bit of this green and I could easily make a yellow shade for the window. Evelyn's crib is black and anything to do with Max's bed is open...
_________________________________________________
3.
Yellow again but more muted. I love the bright blue shades and accents in this room and I really like the idea of turning the bed and setting it up to look more like a daybed. I could do that with any color scheme, though. These colors would be the hardest to do because we don't have anything yellow and it's very dominant in this room...and, again, we can't paint.
___________________________________________
4.
The next idea is a combination of these two rooms with a little bit of a separation between the boy stuff and the girl stuff. The green is back and it would be the common color. Then I could use Max's brown that he already has and add some purple for Evelyn's things.
_____________________________________
4.
I love this room and this bed. The green and white again but with aqua and brown. I love that it has white walls and is simple and clean but is still very vibrant.
So, what do you like?






8 comments:
Hmmm...this is a tough decision. I would probably go with the browns, greens and some purples. That way, you can use some of what you already have while still using a great color scheme. But I am always partial to brown.
So, are you happy with this move?
I like Amy Jo's idea for the colors. But I really like the last picture, too. That's a tough one.
My kids share a room, too and I've had a hard time figuring it out. Probably because I LOVE the bedding they already have and don't want to go buy more. BUT I like the idea of using what you have...white...I like the ribbon accents on the quilt on the photo and that would be SUPER easy and cheap to do and pick two accent colors so each bed could have their own stripe. So maybe purple brown and green. You could even get sheets in their colors to add more color pop. I'm sure you could find a ribbon that would work. Put a combination of accents on both beds...use brown and/or black and white as the base and then accent with purple and green throws, pillows, window treatments, artsy frames, etc.
Remember just because you can't paint doesn't mean you couldn't find a big piece of material at the fabric store that would work and get enough to make a "wallpaper" accent wall. OR you could find just about anywhere, those vinal designs to put on the wall. OR use 12x12 scrapbook paper and color block the walls/wall/a border in the colors that you're using. The sky is the limit!
Now I want to go redecorate my kids rooms, too! good luck!! You'll have to show pictures when you're done!
Ok, I hope this helps. I like idea #3 the best. Reasons being there is a lot of white...which you have, you can use some of the stuff you already have, and it looks like a fun kids room. Be sure to post a pic of your finished room, I would love it!
ooo I love all those pics! don't you just wish you could do everyone of them. decisions are so hard.
So I like the yellow and green. I REALLY like it...a punch of the aqua blue or purple (as above girlies like) would still look awesome since purple is yellows direct compliment...etc.
Good luck! can't wait for the final decision and pics!!
you know me well enough to know that I have 0 input. I'm here for moral support. Whatever you decide I'm behind you all the way. I bet you feel better now huh? Oh, I guess my input is whatever is the very least amount of time/ work. Haha, you know I'm gonna hire someone someday to do my house... hey what do you charge?
what you could do is the murals that stick to the wall but peel off without affecting the paint. there are tons of cute sites and you could decorate one wall for evelyn and one for max and if it has a similar color or theme it would pull it all together
I like the third picture down:) I want to see a picture of whatever you decide to do with the room. You are always so creative!
Post a Comment